To avoid major repair costs, your vehicle gearbox should be serviced every 2 years or 40,000 klm’s. This will ensure the gearbox operates efficiently. If you are unsure of when your gearbox was last serviced or think there might be a problem, please give us a call to find out the best approach.
Our service includes oil change and adjustments where required.
Most gearboxes can be repaired, but this is not always the case and it maybe cheaper to get an overhauled one. Phone one of our members to see what the best option is for you.
Most all manual transmissions can be overhauled or remanufactured back to manufacturer’s specifications. Overhauls include:
- All bearings seals and gaskets (where applicable) are replaced
- Synchro rings are checked for correct clearance if not (replacement is required)
- Gears are checked for correct clearances during assembly
- Worn or damaged shafts are replaced with new or refurbished ones to achieve correct tolerances
- Worn or damaged gears are replaced with new or low mileage quality replacement parts
- All electrical components are tested and replaced where applicable (reverse, 4wd light and emission control switches etc)
Exchange (as per overhaul)
All exchange gearboxes carry all of the same specifications as the overhauled unit but the biggest advantage of the exchange one is the time factor in most cases your vehicle can be back on the road the same day!