To avoid MAJOR repair costs, your vehicle’s tailshaft should be serviced every 12 months or 20,000 klm’s. This will ensure the unit operates efficiently and avoid any unnecessary wear. If you are unsure of when your tailshaft was last serviced or think there might be a problem, please give us a call to find out the best approach.
Our service includes:
- A simple check of dust boots and grease
- Check for damage and missing balance weights
- Check for excess movement or wear in the centre bearing
Repairs of tailshafts are generally simple, and involve the following when necessary:
- Replace damaged / worn universal joints
- Replace damaged / worn centre bearings
Overhaul includes the above but also additionally involves balancing the shaft.